Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] Improvements to the DSA deferred xmit

From: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 03:42:06 +0200

The DSA deferred xmit mechanism is currently used by a single driver
(sja1105) because the transmission of some operations requires SPI
access in the fastpath.

This 2-patch series makes this mechanism better for everybody:

- For those who don't use it, thanks to one less assignment in the
  hotpath
- For those who do, by making its scheduling more amenable and moving it
  outside the generic workqueue (since it still deals with packet
  hotpath, after all)

Vladimir Oltean (2):
  net: dsa: Remove deferred_xmit from dsa_skb_cb
  net: dsa: Create a kernel thread for each port's deferred xmit work

 include/net/dsa.h |  4 ++--
 net/dsa/slave.c   | 53 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 2 files changed, 41 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1