Subject: [PATCH v2 0/9] iomap: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 21:05:19 +0100

Hi,

Changes since v1
================
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
1. Constify also ioreadX_rep() and mmio_insX(),
2. Squash lib+alpha+powerpc+parisc+sh into one patch for bisectability,
3. Add Geert's review,
4. Re-order patches so all optional driver changes are at the end.

Description
===========
The ioread8/16/32() and others have inconsistent interface among the
architectures: some taking address as const, some not.

It seems there is nothing really stopping all of them to take
pointer to const.

Patchset was not really tested on all affected architectures.
Build testing is in progress - I hope auto-builders will point any issues.

volatile
========
There is still interface inconsistency between architectures around
"volatile" qualifier:
 - include/asm-generic/io.h:static inline u32 ioread32(const volatile void __iomem *addr)
 - include/asm-generic/iomap.h:extern unsigned int ioread32(const void __iomem *);

This is still discussed and out of scope of this patchset.

Merging
=======
Multiple architectures are affected in first patch so acks are welcomed.

Patches 2-4 depend on first patch.
The rest is optional cleanup, without actual impact.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

Krzysztof Kozlowski (9):
  iomap: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  net: wireless: rtl818x: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in
    generic implementation)
  ntb: intel: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  virtio: pci: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  arc: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic implementation)
  drm/mgag200: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  drm/nouveau: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  media: fsl-viu: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  net: wireless: ath5k: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)

 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_apecs.h           |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_cia.h             |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_lca.h             |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_marvel.h          |  4 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_mcpcia.h          |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_t2.h              |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/io.h                   | 12 ++--
 arch/alpha/include/asm/io_trivial.h           | 16 ++---
 arch/alpha/include/asm/jensen.h               |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/machvec.h              |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/kernel/core_marvel.c               |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/kernel/io.c                        | 12 ++--
 arch/arc/plat-axs10x/axs10x.c                 |  4 +-
 arch/parisc/include/asm/io.h                  |  4 +-
 arch/parisc/lib/iomap.c                       | 72 +++++++++----------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/iomap.c                   | 28 ++++----
 arch/sh/kernel/iomap.c                        | 22 +++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/mgag200/mgag200_drv.h         |  4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_bo.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/media/platform/fsl-viu.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/ahb.c          | 10 +--
 .../realtek/rtl818x/rtl8180/rtl8180.h         |  6 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_gen1.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_gen3.h            |  2 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_intel.h           |  2 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_modern.c            |  6 +-
 include/asm-generic/iomap.h                   | 28 ++++----
 include/linux/io-64-nonatomic-hi-lo.h         |  4 +-
 include/linux/io-64-nonatomic-lo-hi.h         |  4 +-
 lib/iomap.c                                   | 30 ++++----
 30 files changed, 156 insertions(+), 156 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1