Subject: [PATCH v2 bpf-next 0/7] bpf: Introduce global functions

From: Alexei Starovoitov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 22:37:38 -0800

v1->v2:
- addressed review comments from Song, Andrii, Yonghong
- fixed memory leak in error path
- added modified ctx check
- added more tests in patch 7

v1:
Introduce static vs global functions and function by function verification.
This is another step toward dynamic re-linking (or replacement) of global
functions. See patch 3 for details. The rest are supporting patches.

Alexei Starovoitov (7):
  libbpf: Sanitize global functions
  libbpf: Collect static vs global info about functions
  bpf: Introduce function-by-function verification
  selftests/bpf: Add fexit-to-skb test for global funcs
  selftests/bpf: Add a test for a large global function
  selftests/bpf: Modify a test to check global functions
  selftests/bpf: Add unit tests for global functions

 include/linux/bpf.h                           |   7 +-
 include/linux/bpf_verifier.h                  |  10 +-
 include/uapi/linux/btf.h                      |   6 +
 kernel/bpf/btf.c                              | 175 +++++++++---
 kernel/bpf/verifier.c                         | 254 ++++++++++++++----
 tools/include/uapi/linux/btf.h                |   6 +
 tools/lib/bpf/btf.h                           |   5 +
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf.c                        | 150 ++++++++++-
 .../bpf/prog_tests/bpf_verif_scale.c          |   2 +
 .../selftests/bpf/prog_tests/fexit_bpf2bpf.c  |   1 +
 .../bpf/prog_tests/test_global_funcs.c        |  81 ++++++
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/fexit_bpf2bpf.c       |  15 ++
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/pyperf.h    |   9 +-
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/pyperf_global.c       |   5 +
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func1.c   |  45 ++++
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func2.c   |   4 +
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func3.c   |  65 +++++
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func4.c   |   4 +
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func5.c   |  31 +++
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func6.c   |  31 +++
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/test_pkt_access.c     |  28 ++
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/test_xdp_noinline.c   |   4 +-
 22 files changed, 845 insertions(+), 93 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/test_global_funcs.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/pyperf_global.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func1.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func2.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func3.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func4.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func5.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/test_global_func6.c

-- 
2.23.0