Subject: [PATCH V2 net 03/12] net: ena: add missing ethtool TX timestamping indication

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 15:17:42 +0000

From: Arthur Kiyanovski <[email-masked]>

Current implementation of the driver calls skb_tx_timestamp()to add a
software tx timestamp to the skb, however the software-transmit capability
is not reported in ethtool -T.

This commit updates the ethtool structure to report the software-transmit
capability in ethtool -T using the standard ethtool_op_get_ts_info().
This function reports all software timestamping capabilities (tx and rx),
as well as setting phc_index = -1. phc_index is the index of the PTP
hardware clock device that will be used for hardware timestamps. Since we
don't have such a device in ENA, using the default -1 value is the correct
setting.

Fixes: 1738cd3ed342 ("net: ena: Add a driver for Amazon Elastic Network Adapters (ENA)")
Signed-off-by: Ezequiel Lara Gomez <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Arthur Kiyanovski <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_ethtool.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_ethtool.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_ethtool.c
index fc96c66b4..8b56383b6 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_ethtool.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_ethtool.c
@@ -812,6 +812,7 @@ static const struct ethtool_ops ena_ethtool_ops = {
 	.set_channels		= ena_set_channels,
 	.get_tunable		= ena_get_tunable,
 	.set_tunable		= ena_set_tunable,
+	.get_ts_info            = ethtool_op_get_ts_info,
 };
 
 void ena_set_ethtool_ops(struct net_device *netdev)
-- 
2.24.1.AMZN