Subject: Re: i2c: jz4780: silence log flood on txabrt

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 15:53:56 +0100

Hi,

> > Sorry, normally I don't do counter patches. Yet, this time I realized
> > that it would be faster to actually do what I envisioned than to
> > describe it in words. I hope you don't feel offended.
> 
> No problem. I had thought a little about that myself, but did not
> dare to solve more than my problem...

Glad you like it. Well, it still kinda solves your problem only, because
there are still too many dev_err in there, but I think this is good
enough for now.

> > Obviously, I can't test, does it work for you?
> 
> Yes,it works.

Good!

> Do you want to push your patch yourself, or should I add it to my
> patch series and resubmit in a v2?

I'll apply the patch to my tree directly as a bugfix for 5.6. You can
drop the I2C list from V2 then.

Thanks and kind regards,

   Wolfram