Subject: Re: [PATCH] rtw88: 8822[bc]: Make tables const, reduce data object size

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 16:23:11 +0000 (UTC)

Joe Perches <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Reduce the data size 2kb or 3kb by making tables const.
> Add const to pointer declarations to make compilation work too.
> 
> (x86-64 defconfig)
> $ size drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88/rtw8822?.o*
>    text	   data	    bss	    dec	    hex	filename
>   25054	    672	      8	  25734	   6486	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88/rtw8822b.o.new
>   23870	   1872	      8	  25750	   6496	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88/rtw8822b.o.old
>   53646	    828	      0	  54474	   d4ca	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88/rtw8822c.o.new
>   52846	   1652	      0	  54498	   d4e2	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88/rtw8822c.o.old
> 
> (x86-64 allyesconfig)
> $ size drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88/rtw8822?.o*
>    text	   data	    bss	    dec	    hex	filename
>   45811	   6280	    128	  52219	   cbfb	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88/rtw8822b.o.new
>   44211	   7880	    128	  52219	   cbfb	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88/rtw8822b.o.old
>  100195	   8128	      0	 108323	  1a723	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88/rtw8822c.o.new
>   98947	   9376	      0	 108323	  1a723	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88/rtw8822c.o.old
> 
> Signed-off-by: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
> Acked-by: Yan-Hsuan Chuang <[email-masked]>

Patch applied to wireless-drivers-next.git, thanks.

d49f2c5063fd rtw88: 8822[bc]: Make tables const, reduce data object size

-- 
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11368195/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches