Subject: Re: [CFT 0/8] rework phylink interface for split MAC/PCS support

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 10:29:42 +0000

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 06:51:31PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 06:33:24PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 05:22:43PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > The following series changes the phylink interface to allow us to
> > > better support split MAC / MAC PCS setups.  The fundamental change
> > > required for this turns out to be quite simple.
> > 
> > Hi Russell
> > 
> > Do you have a branch i can pull and test?
> 
> Nothing beyond the branches I've mentioned in the previous heads-up as
> yet, sorry.

In any case, for any particular network driver, there are three patches
maximum that you need - the first, and the one or two patches specific
to the network driver, depending whether it's a DSA driver or not. You
don't need all 8 patches to test this series. All can be applied on top
of yesterday's net-next, specifically

92df9f8a745e ("Merge branch 'mvneta-xdp-ethtool-stats'")

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up
According to speedtest.net: 11.9Mbps down 500kbps up