Subject: [RFC PATCH 00/11] Removing Calxeda platform support

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 11:13:10 -0600

Calxeda has been defunct for 6 years now. Use of Calxeda servers carried
on for some time afterwards primarily as distro builders for 32-bit ARM.
AFAIK, those systems have been retired in favor of 32-bit VMs on 64-bit
hosts.

The other use of Calxeda Midway I'm aware of was testing 32-bit ARM KVM
support as there are few or no other systems with enough RAM and LPAE. Now
32-bit KVM host support is getting removed[1].

While it's not much maintenance to support, I don't care to convert the
Calxeda DT bindings to schema nor fix any resulting errors in the dts files
(which already don't exactly match what's shipping in firmware).

Rob

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email-masked]/

Rob Herring (11):
  vfio: Remove Calxeda XGMAC reset driver
  ata: Remove Calxeda AHCI driver
  cpuidle: Remove Calxeda driver
  cpufreq: Remove Calxeda driver
  EDAC: Remove Calxeda drivers
  iommu: arm-smmu: Remove Calxeda secure mode quirk
  net: Remove Calxeda XGMAC driver
  clk: Remove Calxeda driver
  ARM: Remove Calxeda platform support
  ARM: dts: Remove Calxeda platforms
  dt-bindings: Remove Calxeda platforms bindings

 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/calxeda.yaml      |   22 -
 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/calxeda/l2ecc.txt |   15 -
 .../devicetree/bindings/ata/sata_highbank.txt |   44 -
 .../devicetree/bindings/clock/calxeda.txt     |   17 -
 .../memory-controllers/calxeda-ddr-ctrlr.txt  |   16 -
 .../devicetree/bindings/net/calxeda-xgmac.txt |   18 -
 .../bindings/phy/calxeda-combophy.txt         |   17 -
 MAINTAINERS                                   |   14 -
 arch/arm/Kconfig                              |    2 -
 arch/arm/Kconfig.debug                        |   12 +-
 arch/arm/Makefile                             |    1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                    |    3 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/ecx-2000.dts                |  103 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/ecx-common.dtsi             |  230 --
 arch/arm/boot/dts/highbank.dts                |  161 --
 arch/arm/configs/multi_v7_defconfig           |    5 -
 arch/arm/mach-highbank/Kconfig                |   19 -
 arch/arm/mach-highbank/Makefile               |    4 -
 arch/arm/mach-highbank/core.h                 |   18 -
 arch/arm/mach-highbank/highbank.c             |  175 --
 arch/arm/mach-highbank/pm.c                   |   49 -
 arch/arm/mach-highbank/smc.S                  |   25 -
 arch/arm/mach-highbank/sysregs.h              |   75 -
 arch/arm/mach-highbank/system.c               |   22 -
 drivers/ata/Kconfig                           |    9 -
 drivers/ata/Makefile                          |    1 -
 drivers/ata/sata_highbank.c                   |  635 ------
 drivers/clk/Makefile                          |    1 -
 drivers/clk/clk-highbank.c                    |  329 ---
 drivers/cpufreq/Kconfig.arm                   |   10 -
 drivers/cpufreq/Makefile                      |    3 +-
 drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq-dt-platdev.c          |    3 -
 drivers/cpufreq/highbank-cpufreq.c            |  106 -
 drivers/cpuidle/Kconfig.arm                   |    7 -
 drivers/cpuidle/Makefile                      |    1 -
 drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-calxeda.c             |   72 -
 drivers/edac/Kconfig                          |   14 -
 drivers/edac/Makefile                         |    3 -
 drivers/edac/highbank_l2_edac.c               |  142 --
 drivers/edac/highbank_mc_edac.c               |  272 ---
 drivers/iommu/arm-smmu-impl.c                 |   43 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/Kconfig                  |    1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/Makefile                 |    1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/calxeda/Kconfig          |    9 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/calxeda/Makefile         |    2 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/calxeda/xgmac.c          | 1927 -----------------
 drivers/vfio/platform/reset/Kconfig           |    8 -
 drivers/vfio/platform/reset/Makefile          |    2 -
 .../reset/vfio_platform_calxedaxgmac.c        |   74 -
 49 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 4740 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/calxeda.yaml
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/calxeda/l2ecc.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/ata/sata_highbank.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/calxeda.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/memory-controllers/calxeda-ddr-ctrlr.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/calxeda-xgmac.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/calxeda-combophy.txt
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/ecx-2000.dts
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/ecx-common.dtsi
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/highbank.dts
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-highbank/Kconfig
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-highbank/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-highbank/core.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-highbank/highbank.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-highbank/pm.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-highbank/smc.S
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-highbank/sysregs.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-highbank/system.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/ata/sata_highbank.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/clk/clk-highbank.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/cpufreq/highbank-cpufreq.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-calxeda.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/edac/highbank_l2_edac.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/edac/highbank_mc_edac.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/calxeda/Kconfig
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/calxeda/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/calxeda/xgmac.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/vfio/platform/reset/vfio_platform_calxedaxgmac.c

base-commit: 11a48a5a18c63fd7621bb050228cebf13566e4d8
--
2.20.1