Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: page_pool: API cleanup and comments

From: kbuild test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 19:22:59 +0800

Hi Ilias,

I love your patch! Yet something to improve:

[auto build test ERROR on v5.6-rc1]
[also build test ERROR on next-20200217]
[cannot apply to net-next/master net/master linus/master ipvs/master v5.6-rc2]
[if your patch is applied to the wrong git tree, please drop us a note to help
improve the system. BTW, we also suggest to use '--base' option to specify the
base tree in git format-patch, please see https://stackoverflow.com/a/37406982]

url:    https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commits/Ilias-Apalodimas/net-page_pool-API-cleanup-and-comments/20200218-163634
base:    bb6d3fb354c5ee8d6bde2d576eb7220ea09862b9
config: alpha-defconfig (attached as .config)
compiler: alpha-linux-gcc (GCC) 7.5.0
reproduce:
        wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/intel/lkp-tests/master/sbin/make.cross -O ~/bin/make.cross
        chmod +x ~/bin/make.cross
        # save the attached .config to linux build tree
        GCC_VERSION=7.5.0 make.cross ARCH=alpha 

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
Reported-by: kbuild test robot <[email-masked]>

All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):

   net/core/xdp.o: In function `__xdp_release_frame':
>> (.text+0x694): undefined reference to `page_pool_release_page'
   (.text+0x698): undefined reference to `page_pool_release_page'

---
0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service, Intel Corporation
https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/[email-masked]