Subject: [RESEND PATCH v2 0/9] iomap: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 18:49:58 +0100

Hi,

Changes since v1
================
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
1. Constify also ioreadX_rep() and mmio_insX(),
2. Squash lib+alpha+powerpc+parisc+sh into one patch for bisectability,
3. Add acks and reviews,
4. Re-order patches so all optional driver changes are at the end.

Description
===========
The ioread8/16/32() and others have inconsistent interface among the
architectures: some taking address as const, some not.

It seems there is nothing really stopping all of them to take
pointer to const.

Patchset was only compile tested on affected architectures.  No real
testing.

volatile
========
There is still interface inconsistency between architectures around
"volatile" qualifier:
 - include/asm-generic/io.h:static inline u32 ioread32(const volatile void __iomem *addr)
 - include/asm-generic/iomap.h:extern unsigned int ioread32(const void __iomem *);

This is still discussed and out of scope of this patchset.

Merging
=======
Multiple architectures are affected in first patch so acks are welcomed.

1. All patches depend on first patch,
2. Patches 2-4 unify the interface also in few drivers,
3. PAtches 5-9 are optional cleanup, without actual impact.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

Krzysztof Kozlowski (9):
  iomap: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  rtl818x: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  ntb: intel: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  virtio: pci: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  arc: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic implementation)
  drm/mgag200: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  drm/nouveau: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  media: fsl-viu: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  ath5k: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)

 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_apecs.h           |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_cia.h             |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_lca.h             |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_marvel.h          |  4 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_mcpcia.h          |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_t2.h              |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/io.h                   | 12 ++--
 arch/alpha/include/asm/io_trivial.h           | 16 ++---
 arch/alpha/include/asm/jensen.h               |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/machvec.h              |  6 +-
 arch/alpha/kernel/core_marvel.c               |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/kernel/io.c                        | 12 ++--
 arch/arc/plat-axs10x/axs10x.c                 |  4 +-
 arch/parisc/include/asm/io.h                  |  4 +-
 arch/parisc/lib/iomap.c                       | 72 +++++++++----------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/iomap.c                   | 28 ++++----
 arch/sh/kernel/iomap.c                        | 22 +++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/mgag200/mgag200_drv.h         |  4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_bo.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/media/platform/fsl-viu.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/ahb.c          | 10 +--
 .../realtek/rtl818x/rtl8180/rtl8180.h         |  6 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_gen1.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_gen3.h            |  2 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_intel.h           |  2 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_modern.c            |  6 +-
 include/asm-generic/iomap.h                   | 28 ++++----
 include/linux/io-64-nonatomic-hi-lo.h         |  4 +-
 include/linux/io-64-nonatomic-lo-hi.h         |  4 +-
 lib/iomap.c                                   | 30 ++++----
 30 files changed, 156 insertions(+), 156 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1