Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/10] net: dsa: improve serdes integration

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 12:41:39 +0000

Andrew Lunn mentioned that the Serdes PCS found in Marvell DSA switches
does not automatically update the switch MACs with the link parameters.
Currently, the DSA code implements a work-around for this.

This series improves the Serdes integration, making use of the recent
phylink changes to support split MAC/PCS setups.  One noticable
improvement for userspace is that ethtool can now report the link
partner's advertisement.

 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c   | 437 +++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.h   |  35 +--
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/port.c   | 285 +++++-------------------
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/port.h   |  29 ++-
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/serdes.c | 375 +++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/serdes.h |  34 ++-
 include/linux/mii.h                |  57 +++--
 net/dsa/port.c                     |   7 +-
 8 files changed, 706 insertions(+), 553 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up
According to speedtest.net: 11.9Mbps down 500kbps up