Subject: [PATCH REPOST net-next 0/8] net: dsa: improve serdes integration

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 10:14:31 +0000

Depends on "net: mii clause 37 helpers".

Andrew Lunn mentioned that the Serdes PCS found in Marvell DSA switches
does not automatically update the switch MACs with the link parameters.
Currently, the DSA code implements a work-around for this.

This series improves the Serdes integration, making use of the recent
phylink changes to support split MAC/PCS setups.  One noticable
improvement for userspace is that ethtool can now report the link
partner's advertisement.

This repost has no changes compared to the previous posting; however,
the regression Andrew had found which exists even without this patch
set has now been fixed by Andrew and merged into the net-next tree.

 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c   | 437 +++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.h   |  35 +--
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/port.c   | 285 +++++-------------------
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/port.h   |  29 ++-
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/serdes.c | 375 +++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/serdes.h |  34 ++-
 net/dsa/port.c                     |   7 +-
 7 files changed, 667 insertions(+), 535 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 10.2Mbps down 587kbps up