Subject: [PATCH REPOST3 net-next 0/3] net: add phylink support for PCS

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 10:31:02 +0000

Depends on "net: mii clause 37 helpers".

This series adds support for IEEE 802.3 register set compliant PCS
for phylink.  In order to do this, we:

1. add accessors for modifying a MDIO device register, and use them in
   phylib, rather than duplicating the code from phylib.
2. add support for decoding the advertisement from clause 22 compatible
   register sets for clause 37 advertisements and SGMII advertisements.
3. add support for clause 45 register sets for 10GBASE-R PCS.

These have been tested on the LX2160A Clearfog-CX platform.

This is a re-post of the series previously sent, but with the first two
patches separated out; the conclusion of the discussion with Vladimir
seemed to be that there was no issue with the patches themselves.

 drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c |  55 +++++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/phy-core.c |  31 ------
 drivers/net/phy/phylink.c  | 236 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/mdio.h       |   4 +
 include/linux/phy.h        |  19 ++++
 include/linux/phylink.h    |   8 ++
 include/uapi/linux/mii.h   |   5 +
 7 files changed, 327 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 10.2Mbps down 587kbps up