Subject: Re: [PATCH REPOST3 net-next 0/3] net: add phylink support for PCS

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 23:00:18 +0100

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 10:31:02AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:
> Depends on "net: mii clause 37 helpers".
> 
> This series adds support for IEEE 802.3 register set compliant PCS
> for phylink.  In order to do this, we:
> 
> 1. add accessors for modifying a MDIO device register, and use them in
>    phylib, rather than duplicating the code from phylib.
> 2. add support for decoding the advertisement from clause 22 compatible
>    register sets for clause 37 advertisements and SGMII advertisements.
> 3. add support for clause 45 register sets for 10GBASE-R PCS.

Hi Russell

How big is the patchset which actually makes use of this code? It is
normal to add helpers and at least one user in the same patchset. But
if that would make the patchset too big, there could be some leeway.

   Thanks
	Andrew