Subject: [PATCH rdma-next 0/4] Introduce dynamic UAR allocation mode

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 14:43:25 +0200

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>

>From Yishai,

This series exposes API to enable a dynamic allocation and management of a
UAR which now becomes to be a regular uobject.

Moving to that mode enables allocating a UAR only upon demand and drop the
redundant static allocation of UARs upon context creation.

In addition, it allows master and secondary processes that own the same command
FD to allocate and manage UARs according to their needs, this can’t be achieved
today.

As part of this option, QP & CQ creation flows were adapted to support this
dynamic UAR mode once asked by user space.

Once this mode is asked by mlx5 user space driver on a given context, it will
be mutual exclusive, means both the static and legacy dynamic modes for using
UARs will be blocked.

The legacy modes are supported for backward compatible reasons, looking
forward we expect this new mode to be the default.

Thanks

Yishai Hadas (4):
  IB/mlx5: Expose UAR object and its alloc/destroy commands
  IB/mlx5: Extend CQ creation to get uar page index from user space
  IB/mlx5: Extend QP creation to get uar page index from user space
  IB/mlx5: Move to fully dynamic UAR mode once user space supports it

 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/cq.c           |  21 ++-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/main.c         | 185 ++++++++++++++++++++--
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/mlx5_ib.h      |   2 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/qp.c           |  33 ++--
 include/linux/mlx5/driver.h               |   1 +
 include/rdma/uverbs_ioctl.h               |   2 +-
 include/uapi/rdma/mlx5-abi.h              |   6 +
 include/uapi/rdma/mlx5_user_ioctl_cmds.h  |  18 +++
 include/uapi/rdma/mlx5_user_ioctl_verbs.h |   5 +
 9 files changed, 246 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

--
2.24.1