Subject: [PATCH 0/2] mm, treewide: Rename kzfree() to kfree_sensitive()

From: Waiman Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 17:15:48 -0400

This patchset makes a global rename of the kzfree() to kfree_sensitive()
to highlight the fact buffer clearing is only needed if the data objects
contain sensitive information like encrpytion key. The fact that kzfree()
uses memset() to do the clearing isn't totally safe either as compiler
may compile out the clearing in their optimizer. Instead, the new
kfree_sensitive() uses memzero_explicit() which won't get compiled out.

Waiman Long (2):
  mm, treewide: Rename kzfree() to kfree_sensitive()
  crypto: Remove unnecessary memzero_explicit()

 arch/s390/crypto/prng.c                       |  4 +--
 arch/x86/power/hibernate.c                    |  2 +-
 crypto/adiantum.c                             |  2 +-
 crypto/ahash.c                                |  4 +--
 crypto/api.c                                  |  2 +-
 crypto/asymmetric_keys/verify_pefile.c        |  4 +--
 crypto/deflate.c                              |  2 +-
 crypto/drbg.c                                 | 10 +++---
 crypto/ecc.c                                  |  8 ++---
 crypto/ecdh.c                                 |  2 +-
 crypto/gcm.c                                  |  2 +-
 crypto/gf128mul.c                             |  4 +--
 crypto/jitterentropy-kcapi.c                  |  2 +-
 crypto/rng.c                                  |  2 +-
 crypto/rsa-pkcs1pad.c                         |  6 ++--
 crypto/seqiv.c                                |  2 +-
 crypto/shash.c                                |  2 +-
 crypto/skcipher.c                             |  2 +-
 crypto/testmgr.c                              |  6 ++--
 crypto/zstd.c                                 |  2 +-
 .../allwinner/sun8i-ce/sun8i-ce-cipher.c      | 17 +++-------
 .../allwinner/sun8i-ss/sun8i-ss-cipher.c      | 18 +++-------
 drivers/crypto/amlogic/amlogic-gxl-cipher.c   | 14 +++-----
 drivers/crypto/atmel-ecc.c                    |  2 +-
 drivers/crypto/caam/caampkc.c                 | 28 +++++++--------
 drivers/crypto/cavium/cpt/cptvf_main.c        |  6 ++--
 drivers/crypto/cavium/cpt/cptvf_reqmanager.c  | 12 +++----
 drivers/crypto/cavium/nitrox/nitrox_lib.c     |  4 +--
 drivers/crypto/cavium/zip/zip_crypto.c        |  6 ++--
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-rsa.c           |  6 ++--
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_aead.c                |  4 +--
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_buffer_mgr.c          |  4 +--
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_cipher.c              |  6 ++--
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_hash.c                |  8 ++---
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_request_mgr.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/crypto/inside-secure/safexcel_hash.c  |  3 +-
 drivers/crypto/marvell/cesa/hash.c            |  2 +-
 .../crypto/marvell/octeontx/otx_cptvf_main.c  |  6 ++--
 .../marvell/octeontx/otx_cptvf_reqmgr.h       |  2 +-
 drivers/crypto/mediatek/mtk-aes.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/crypto/nx/nx.c                        |  4 +--
 drivers/crypto/virtio/virtio_crypto_algs.c    | 12 +++----
 drivers/crypto/virtio/virtio_crypto_core.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/md/dm-crypt.c                         | 34 +++++++++----------
 drivers/md/dm-integrity.c                     |  6 ++--
 drivers/misc/ibmvmc.c                         |  6 ++--
 .../hisilicon/hns3/hns3pf/hclge_mbx.c         |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_ipsec.c    |  6 ++--
 drivers/net/ppp/ppp_mppe.c                    |  6 ++--
 drivers/net/wireguard/noise.c                 |  4 +--
 drivers/net/wireguard/peer.c                  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/pcie/rx.c  |  2 +-
 .../net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/pcie/tx-gen2.c |  6 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/pcie/tx.c  |  6 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/intersil/orinoco/wext.c  |  4 +--
 drivers/s390/crypto/ap_bus.h                  |  4 +--
 drivers/staging/ks7010/ks_hostif.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/staging/rtl8723bs/core/rtw_security.c |  2 +-
 drivers/staging/wlan-ng/p80211netdev.c        |  2 +-
 drivers/target/iscsi/iscsi_target_auth.c      |  2 +-
 fs/btrfs/ioctl.c                              |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/cifsencrypt.c                         |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/connect.c                             | 10 +++---
 fs/cifs/dfs_cache.c                           |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/misc.c                                |  8 ++---
 fs/crypto/keyring.c                           |  6 ++--
 fs/crypto/keysetup_v1.c                       |  4 +--
 fs/ecryptfs/keystore.c                        |  4 +--
 fs/ecryptfs/messaging.c                       |  2 +-
 include/crypto/aead.h                         |  2 +-
 include/crypto/akcipher.h                     |  2 +-
 include/crypto/gf128mul.h                     |  2 +-
 include/crypto/hash.h                         |  2 +-
 include/crypto/internal/acompress.h           |  2 +-
 include/crypto/kpp.h                          |  2 +-
 include/crypto/skcipher.h                     |  2 +-
 include/linux/slab.h                          |  2 +-
 lib/mpi/mpiutil.c                             |  6 ++--
 lib/test_kasan.c                              |  6 ++--
 mm/slab_common.c                              | 10 +++---
 net/atm/mpoa_caches.c                         |  4 +--
 net/bluetooth/ecdh_helper.c                   |  6 ++--
 net/bluetooth/smp.c                           | 24 ++++++-------
 net/core/sock.c                               |  2 +-
 net/ipv4/tcp_fastopen.c                       |  2 +-
 net/mac80211/aead_api.c                       |  4 +--
 net/mac80211/aes_gmac.c                       |  2 +-
 net/mac80211/key.c                            |  2 +-
 net/mac802154/llsec.c                         | 20 +++++------
 net/sctp/auth.c                               |  2 +-
 net/sctp/socket.c                             |  2 +-
 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_krb5_crypto.c         |  4 +--
 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_krb5_keys.c           |  6 ++--
 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_krb5_mech.c           |  2 +-
 net/tipc/crypto.c                             | 10 +++---
 net/wireless/core.c                           |  2 +-
 net/wireless/ibss.c                           |  4 +--
 net/wireless/lib80211_crypt_tkip.c            |  2 +-
 net/wireless/lib80211_crypt_wep.c             |  2 +-
 net/wireless/nl80211.c                        | 24 ++++++-------
 net/wireless/sme.c                            |  6 ++--
 net/wireless/util.c                           |  2 +-
 net/wireless/wext-sme.c                       |  2 +-
 scripts/coccinelle/free/devm_free.cocci       |  4 +--
 scripts/coccinelle/free/ifnullfree.cocci      |  4 +--
 scripts/coccinelle/free/kfree.cocci           |  6 ++--
 scripts/coccinelle/free/kfreeaddr.cocci       |  2 +-
 security/apparmor/domain.c                    |  4 +--
 security/apparmor/include/file.h              |  2 +-
 security/apparmor/policy.c                    | 24 ++++++-------
 security/apparmor/policy_ns.c                 |  6 ++--
 security/apparmor/policy_unpack.c             | 14 ++++----
 security/keys/big_key.c                       |  6 ++--
 security/keys/dh.c                            | 14 ++++----
 security/keys/encrypted-keys/encrypted.c      | 14 ++++----
 security/keys/trusted-keys/trusted_tpm1.c     | 34 +++++++++----------
 security/keys/user_defined.c                  |  6 ++--
 117 files changed, 332 insertions(+), 358 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.1