Subject: [PATCH net v2 0/2] Fix 88x3310 leaving power save mode

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 20:47:53 +0100

Hi,

This series fixes a problem with the 88x3310 PHY on Macchiatobin
coming out of powersave mode noticed by Matteo Croce.  It seems
that certain PHY firmwares do not properly exit powersave mode,
resulting in a fibre link not coming up.

The solution appears to be to soft-reset the PHY after clearing
the powersave bit.

We add support for reporting the PHY firmware version to the kernel
log, and use it to trigger this new behaviour if we have v0.3.x.x
or more recent firmware on the PHY.  This, however, is a guess as
the firmware revision documentation does not mention this issue,
and we know that v0.2.1.0 works without this fix but v0.3.3.0 and
later does not.

 drivers/net/phy/marvell10g.c | 36 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 1 file changed, 33 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 10.2Mbps down 587kbps up