Subject: Re: [PATCH AUTOSEL 4.9 09/26] net/mlx5e: Init ethtool steering for representors

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 14:49:24 -0400

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 05:06:46PM +0100, Edward Cree wrote:
>On 16/04/2020 01:00, Sasha Levin wrote:
>> I'd maybe point out that the selection process is based on a neural
>> network which knows about the existence of a Fixes tag in a commit.
>>
>> It does exactly what you're describing, but also taking a bunch more
>> factors into it's desicion process ("panic"? "oops"? "overflow"? etc).
>Yeah, that's why I found it odd that you were responding in a way that
> _looked like_ classic confusion of P(A|B) and P(B|A).  I just wanted
> to make sure we had that common ground before launching into a long
> Bayesian explanation.

Just a question while I process your explanation (thanks for doing it!):
wouldn't this be done by the neural network?

It learns what a stable worthy commit is (and what isn't), and applies
weights based on these findings, right? So if it learns that most
non-stable commits don't have a fixes tag, it's likely to use that and
"require" other inputs to have enough weight to compensate over a
missing fixes tag so that it'll pass the threshold, no?

-- 
Thanks,
Sasha