Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/4] Remove vermagic header from global include folder

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 17:18:46 +0300

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>

Changelog:
v2:
 * Changed the implementation of patch #4 to be like Masahiro wants.
I personally don't like this implementation and changing it just to move forward
this this patchset.
v1:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]
 * Added tags
 * Updated patch #4 with test results
 * Changed scripts/mod/modpost.c to create inclusion of vermagic.h
   from kernel folder and not from general include/linux. This is
   needed to generate *.mod.c files, while building modules.
v0:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

This is followup to the failure reported by Borislav [1] and suggested
fix later on [2].

The series removes all includes of linux/vermagic.h, updates hns and
nfp to use same kernel versioning scheme (exactly like we did for
other drivers in previous cycle) and removes vermagic.h from global
include folder.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------
1. Honestly, I have no idea if it can go to net-rc, clearly not all my
patches are fixes, so I'm sending them to the net-next.
2. Still didn't get response from kbuild, but it passed my own
compilation tests.
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/leon/linux-rdma.git/log/?h=vermagic

Thanks

Leon Romanovsky (4):
  drivers: Remove inclusion of vermagic header
  net/hns: Remove custom driver version in favour of global one
  net/nfp: Update driver to use global kernel version
  kernel/module: Hide vermagic header file from general use

 drivers/net/bonding/bonding_priv.h                   | 2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/3com/3c509.c                    | 1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/3com/3c515.c                    | 1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/adaptec/starfire.c              | 1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns3/hns3_enet.c      | 3 ---
 drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns3/hns3_enet.h      | 4 ----
 drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns3/hns3_ethtool.c   | 4 ----
 drivers/net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/nfp_main.c        | 3 ---
 drivers/net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/nfp_net_ethtool.c | 2 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/pensando/ionic/ionic_main.c     | 2 +-
 drivers/power/supply/test_power.c                    | 2 +-
 include/linux/vermagic.h                             | 5 +++++
 kernel/module.c                                      | 3 +++
 net/ethtool/ioctl.c                                  | 3 +--
 scripts/mod/modpost.c                                | 1 +
 15 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)

--
2.25.2