Subject: [PATCH net-next 3/3] net: mscc: ocelot: lift protocol restriction for flow_match_eth_addrs keys

From: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 19:27:43 +0300

From: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>

An attempt was made in commit fe3490e6107e ("net: mscc: ocelot: Hardware
ofload for tc flower filter") to avoid clashes between MAC_ETYPE rules
and IP rules. Because the protocol blacklist should have included
ETH_P_ALL too, it created some confusion, but now the situation should
be dealt with a bit better by the patch immediately previous to this one
("net: mscc: ocelot: refine the ocelot_ace_is_problematic_mac_etype
function").

So now we can remove that check. MAC_ETYPE rules with a protocol of
ETH_P_IP, ETH_P_IPV6, ETH_P_ARP and ETH_P_ALL _are_ supported, with some
restrictions regarding per-port exclusivity which are enforced now.

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot_flower.c | 5 -----
 1 file changed, 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot_flower.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot_flower.c
index 67f0f5455ff0..5ce172e22b43 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot_flower.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot_flower.c
@@ -87,11 +87,6 @@ static int ocelot_flower_parse(struct flow_cls_offload *f,
 		     BIT(FLOW_DISSECTOR_KEY_CONTROL)))
 			return -EOPNOTSUPP;
 
-		if (proto == ETH_P_IP ||
-		    proto == ETH_P_IPV6 ||
-		    proto == ETH_P_ARP)
-			return -EOPNOTSUPP;
-
 		flow_rule_match_eth_addrs(rule, &match);
 		ace->type = OCELOT_ACE_TYPE_ETYPE;
 		ether_addr_copy(ace->frame.etype.dmac.value,
-- 
2.17.1