Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/15] Traffic support for dsa_8021q in vlan_filtering=1 mode

From: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 19:42:40 +0300

From: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>

This series is an attempt to support as much as possible in terms of
traffic I/O from the network stack with the only dsa_8021q user thus
far, sja1105.

The hardware doesn't support pushing a second VLAN tag to packets that
are already tagged, so our only option is to combine the dsa_8021q with
the user tag into a single tag and decode that on the CPU.

The assumption is that there is a type of use cases for which 7 VLANs
per port are more than sufficient, and that there's another type of use
cases where the full 4096 entries are barely enough. Those use cases are
very different from one another, so I prefer trying to give both the
best experience by creating this best_effort_vlan_filtering knob to
select the mode in which they want to operate in.

This series depends on "[v4,resend,net-next,0/4] Cross-chip bridging for
disjoint DSA trees", submitted here:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/netdev/cover/[email-masked]/

Russell King (1):
  net: dsa: provide an option for drivers to always receive bridge VLANs

Vladimir Oltean (14):
  net: dsa: tag_8021q: introduce a vid_is_dsa_8021q helper
  net: dsa: sja1105: keep the VLAN awareness state in a driver variable
  net: dsa: sja1105: deny alterations of dsa_8021q VLANs from the bridge
  net: dsa: sja1105: save/restore VLANs using a delta commit method
  net: dsa: sja1105: allow VLAN configuration from the bridge in all
    states
  net: dsa: sja1105: exit sja1105_vlan_filtering when called multiple
    times
  net: dsa: sja1105: prepare tagger for handling DSA tags and VLAN
    simultaneously
  net: dsa: tag_8021q: support up to 8 VLANs per port using sub-VLANs
  net: dsa: tag_sja1105: implement sub-VLAN decoding
  net: dsa: sja1105: add a new best_effort_vlan_filtering devlink
    parameter
  net: dsa: sja1105: add packing ops for the Retagging Table
  net: dsa: sja1105: implement a common frame memory partitioning
    function
  net: dsa: sja1105: implement VLAN retagging for dsa_8021q sub-VLANs
  docs: net: dsa: sja1105: document the best_effort_vlan_filtering
    option

 .../networking/devlink-params-sja1105.txt     |   27 +
 Documentation/networking/dsa/sja1105.rst      |  211 +++-
 drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105.h             |   29 +
 .../net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_dynamic_config.c  |   33 +
 drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_main.c        | 1072 +++++++++++++++--
 drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_spi.c         |    6 +
 .../net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_static_config.c   |   62 +-
 .../net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_static_config.h   |   16 +
 drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_vl.c          |   20 +-
 include/linux/dsa/8021q.h                     |   42 +-
 include/linux/dsa/sja1105.h                   |    5 +
 include/net/dsa.h                             |    1 +
 net/dsa/slave.c                               |   12 +-
 net/dsa/tag_8021q.c                           |  108 +-
 net/dsa/tag_sja1105.c                         |   38 +-
 15 files changed, 1443 insertions(+), 239 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/networking/devlink-params-sja1105.txt

-- 
2.17.1