Subject: [PATCH v2 00/15] net: taint when the device driver firmware crashes

From: Luis Chamberlain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 21:28:31 +0000

On this v2 I've added documenation over the taint flag, and updated our
script which parses existing taint flags to describe what has happened
when this taint flag is found. I've also updated the location of the
taint flag on the qed driver and updated the reviews.

The changes are based on linux-next tag next-20200515. You can find
these changes on my tree:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/linux-next.git/log/?h=20200515-taint-firmware-net

Luis Chamberlain (15):
  taint: add module firmware crash taint support
  ethernet/839: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  bnx2x: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  bnxt: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  bna: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  liquidio: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  cxgb4: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  ehea: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  qed: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  soc: qcom: ipa: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  wimax/i2400m: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  ath10k: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  ath6kl: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  brcm80211: use new module_firmware_crashed()
  mwl8k: use new module_firmware_crashed()

 Documentation/admin-guide/tainted-kernels.rst       |  6 ++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/axnet_cs.c                |  4 +++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnx2x/bnx2x_main.c    |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_ethtool.c   |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/brocade/bna/bfa_ioc.c          |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/cavium/liquidio/lio_main.c     |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4/cxgb4_main.c     |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ehea/ehea_main.c           |  2 ++
 drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qed/qed_mcp.c           |  1 +
 drivers/net/ipa/ipa_modem.c                         |  1 +
 drivers/net/wimax/i2400m/rx.c                       |  1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/pci.c               |  2 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/sdio.c              |  2 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/snoc.c              |  1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/hif.c               |  1 +
 .../net/wireless/broadcom/brcm80211/brcmfmac/core.c |  1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwl8k.c                |  1 +
 include/linux/kernel.h                              |  3 ++-
 include/linux/module.h                              | 13 +++++++++++++
 include/trace/events/module.h                       |  3 ++-
 kernel/module.c                                     |  5 +++--
 kernel/panic.c                                      |  1 +
 tools/debugging/kernel-chktaint                     |  7 +++++++
 23 files changed, 55 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2