Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 6/7] perf test: Improve pmu event metric testing

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 23:34:43 -0300

Em Tue, May 19, 2020 at 10:15:48PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo escreveu:
> Em Tue, May 19, 2020 at 01:15:41PM -0700, Ian Rogers escreveu:
> > On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 12:06 PM Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
> > errno != 0 for both cases as the man page notes suggest doing this.
> > The tests using v are necessary to avoid the unused result, but
> > presumably any errno case should return false here? I guess testing
> > that is redundant as the return below will catch it. Perhaps this
> > should be:
> > 
> > errno = 0;
> > v = strtod(str, &end_ptr);
> > (void)v;  /* We don't care for the value of the double, just that it
> > converts. Avoid unused result warnings. */
> > return errno == 0 && end_ptr != str;
> 
> Ok, I'll try that one.

What I have is in my tmp.perf/core branch, this and the hashmap.h
__WORDSIZE fixups, with those all the alpine Linux containers, that use
Musl libc passed, waiting for the remaining 80 other containers to
finish, now lots of these containers build with and without NO_LIBBPF=1
to make sure we test both variants,

- Arnaldo