Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 3/4] dt-bindings: net: Add RGMII internal delay for DP83869

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 18:43:13 +0200

> I am interested in knowing where that is documented.  I want to RTM I
> grepped for a few different words but came up empty

Hi Dan

It probably is not well documented, but one example would be

Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/ethernet-controller.yaml

says:

      # RX and TX delays are added by the MAC when required
      - rgmii

      # RGMII with internal RX and TX delays provided by the PHY,
      # the MAC should not add the RX or TX delays in this case
      - rgmii-id

      # RGMII with internal RX delay provided by the PHY, the MAC
      # should not add an RX delay in this case
      - rgmii-rxid

      # RGMII with internal TX delay provided by the PHY, the MAC
      # should not add an TX delay in this case

      Andrew