Subject: Re: [net-next 11/17] ice: Fix resource leak on early exit from function

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 00:23:52 +0000

Hi

[This is an automated email]

This commit has been processed because it contains a -stable tag.
The stable tag indicates that it's relevant for the following trees: all

The bot has tested the following trees: v5.6.14, v5.4.42, v4.19.124, v4.14.181, v4.9.224, v4.4.224.

v5.6.14: Build OK!
v5.4.42: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    31ad4e4ee1e4 ("ice: Allocate flow profile")
    451f2c4406e0 ("ice: Populate TCAM filter software structures")
    c90ed40cefe1 ("ice: Enable writing hardware filtering tables")
    eff380aaffed ("ice: Introduce ice_base.c")

v4.19.124: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    0f9d5027a749 ("ice: Refactor VSI allocation, deletion and rebuild flow")
    28c2a6457388 ("ice: Move common functions out of ice_main.c part 4/7")
    31ad4e4ee1e4 ("ice: Allocate flow profile")
    451f2c4406e0 ("ice: Populate TCAM filter software structures")
    45d3d428eafc ("ice: Move common functions out of ice_main.c part 1/7")
    4f74dcc1b86d ("ice: Enable VSI Rx/Tx pruning only when VLAN 0 is active")
    5153a18e57ff ("ice: Move common functions out of ice_main.c part 3/7")
    72adf2421d9b ("ice: Move common functions out of ice_main.c part 2/7")
    75d2b253026b ("ice: Add support to detect SR-IOV capability and mailbox queues")
    80d144c9ac82 ("ice: Refactor switch rule management structures and functions")
    8b97ceb1dc0f ("ice: Enable firmware logging during device initialization.")
    995c90f2de81 ("ice: Calculate guaranteed VSIs per function and use it")
    9e4ab4c29a62 ("ice: Add support for dynamic interrupt moderation")
    b3969fd727aa ("ice: Add support for Tx hang, Tx timeout and malicious driver detection")
    f80eaa421076 ("ice: Clean up register file")

v4.14.181: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    31ad4e4ee1e4 ("ice: Allocate flow profile")
    3a858ba392c3 ("ice: Add support for VSI allocation and deallocation")
    451f2c4406e0 ("ice: Populate TCAM filter software structures")
    7ec59eeac804 ("ice: Add support for control queues")
    837f08fdecbe ("ice: Add basic driver framework for Intel(R) E800 Series")
    940b61af02f4 ("ice: Initialize PF and setup miscellaneous interrupt")
    9c20346b6309 ("ice: Get switch config, scheduler config and device capabilities")
    9daf8208dd4d ("ice: Add support for switch filter programming")
    dc49c7723676 ("ice: Get MAC/PHY/link info and scheduler topology")
    f31e4b6fe227 ("ice: Start hardware initialization")

v4.9.224: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    31ad4e4ee1e4 ("ice: Allocate flow profile")
    3a858ba392c3 ("ice: Add support for VSI allocation and deallocation")
    451f2c4406e0 ("ice: Populate TCAM filter software structures")
    7ec59eeac804 ("ice: Add support for control queues")
    837f08fdecbe ("ice: Add basic driver framework for Intel(R) E800 Series")
    940b61af02f4 ("ice: Initialize PF and setup miscellaneous interrupt")
    9c20346b6309 ("ice: Get switch config, scheduler config and device capabilities")
    9daf8208dd4d ("ice: Add support for switch filter programming")
    dc49c7723676 ("ice: Get MAC/PHY/link info and scheduler topology")
    f31e4b6fe227 ("ice: Start hardware initialization")

v4.4.224: Failed to apply! Possible dependencies:
    31ad4e4ee1e4 ("ice: Allocate flow profile")
    3a858ba392c3 ("ice: Add support for VSI allocation and deallocation")
    451f2c4406e0 ("ice: Populate TCAM filter software structures")
    7ec59eeac804 ("ice: Add support for control queues")
    837f08fdecbe ("ice: Add basic driver framework for Intel(R) E800 Series")
    940b61af02f4 ("ice: Initialize PF and setup miscellaneous interrupt")
    9c20346b6309 ("ice: Get switch config, scheduler config and device capabilities")
    9daf8208dd4d ("ice: Add support for switch filter programming")
    dc49c7723676 ("ice: Get MAC/PHY/link info and scheduler topology")
    f31e4b6fe227 ("ice: Start hardware initialization")

NOTE: The patch will not be queued to stable trees until it is upstream.

How should we proceed with this patch?

-- 
Thanks
Sasha