Subject: [PATCH 0/2] regmap: provide simple bitops and use them in a driver

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 14:34:57 +0200

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>

Hi Mark,

I noticed that oftentimes I use regmap_update_bits() for simple bit
setting or clearing. In this case the fourth argument is superfluous as
it's always 0 or equal to the mask argument.

This series proposes to add simple bit operations for setting, clearing
and testing specific bits with regmap.

The second patch uses all three in a driver that got recently picked into
the net-next tree.

The patches obviously target different trees so - if you're ok with
the change itself - I propose you pick the first one into your regmap
tree for v5.8 and then I'll resend the second patch to add the first
user for these macros for v5.9.

Bartosz Golaszewski (2):
  regmap: provide helpers for simple bit operations
  net: ethernet: mtk-star-emac: use regmap bitops

 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_star_emac.c | 80 ++++++++-----------
 include/linux/regmap.h                        | 18 +++++
 2 files changed, 53 insertions(+), 45 deletions(-)

-- 
2.25.0