Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] regmap: provide simple bitops and use them in a driver

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 17:45:01 +0200

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>

I noticed that oftentimes I use regmap_update_bits() for simple bit
setting or clearing. In this case the fourth argument is superfluous as
it's always 0 or equal to the mask argument.

This series proposes to add simple bit operations for setting, clearing
and testing specific bits with regmap.

The second patch uses all three in a driver that got recently picked into
the net-next tree.

The patches obviously target different trees so - if you're ok with
the change itself - I propose you pick the first one into your regmap
tree for v5.8 and then I'll resend the second patch to add the first
user for these macros for v5.9.

v1 -> v2:
- convert the new macros to static inline functions

v2 -> v3:
- drop unneeded ternary operator

Bartosz Golaszewski (2):
  regmap: provide helpers for simple bit operations
  net: ethernet: mtk-star-emac: use regmap bitops

 drivers/base/regmap/regmap.c                  | 22 +++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_star_emac.c | 80 ++++++++-----------
 include/linux/regmap.h                        | 36 +++++++++
 3 files changed, 93 insertions(+), 45 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.1