Subject: [PATCH 0/9] Clause 45 PHY probing improvements

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:45:00 +0100

Hi,

Last time this series was posted back in May, Florian reviewed the
patches, which was the only feedback I received.  I'm now posting
them without the RFC tag.

This series aims to improve the probing for Clause 45 PHYs.

The first four patches clean up get_phy_device() and called functions,
updating the kernel doc, adding information about the various error
return values.

We then provide better kerneldoc for get_phy_device(), describing what
is going on, and more importantly what the various return codes mean.

Patch 6 adds support for probing MMDs >= 8 to check for their presence.

Patch 7 changes get_phy_c45_ids() to only set the returned
devices_in_package if we successfully find a PHY.

Patch 8 splits the use of "devices in package" from the "mmds present".

Patch 9 expands our ID reading to cover the other MMDs.

 drivers/net/phy/phy-c45.c    |   4 +-
 drivers/net/phy/phy_device.c | 159 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 drivers/net/phy/phylink.c    |   8 +--
 include/linux/phy.h          |   8 ++-
 4 files changed, 117 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!