Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] net: dsa: qca8k: introduce SGMII configuration options

From: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 11:12:04 +0300

Hi Jonathan,

url:    https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commits/Jonathan-McDowell/net-dsa-qca8k-Add-SGMII-configuration-options/20200606-021254
base:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/robh/linux.git for-next
config: i386-randconfig-m021-20200618 (attached as .config)
compiler: gcc-9 (Debian 9.3.0-13) 9.3.0

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag as appropriate
Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
Reported-by: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>

smatch warnings:
drivers/net/dsa/qca8k.c:438 qca8k_setup_sgmii() error: uninitialized symbol 'mode'.

# https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commit/27dd896d27e5048d2c402879fb04f6e23536ea72
git remote add linux-review https://github.com/0day-ci/linux
git remote update linux-review
git checkout 27dd896d27e5048d2c402879fb04f6e23536ea72
vim +/mode +438 drivers/net/dsa/qca8k.c

27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  421  static int
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  422  qca8k_setup_sgmii(struct qca8k_priv *priv)
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  423  {
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  424  	const char *mode;
                                                                    ^^^^

27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  425  	u32 val;
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  426  
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  427  	val = qca8k_read(priv, QCA8K_REG_SGMII_CTRL);
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  428  
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  429  	val |= QCA8K_SGMII_EN_PLL | QCA8K_SGMII_EN_RX |
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  430  		QCA8K_SGMII_EN_TX | QCA8K_SGMII_EN_SD;
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  431  
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  432  	if (of_property_read_bool(priv->dev->of_node, "sgmii-delay"))
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  433  		val |= QCA8K_SGMII_CLK125M_DELAY;
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  434  
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  435  	if (of_property_read_string(priv->dev->of_node, "sgmii-mode", &mode)) {
                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This if condition is reversed.

27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  436  		val &= ~QCA8K_SGMII_MODE_CTRL_MASK;
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  437  
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05 @438  		if (!strcasecmp(mode, "basex")) {
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  439  			val |= QCA8K_SGMII_MODE_CTRL_BASEX;
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  440  		} else if (!strcasecmp(mode, "mac")) {
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  441  			val |= QCA8K_SGMII_MODE_CTRL_MAC;
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  442  		} else if (!strcasecmp(mode, "phy")) {
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  443  			val |= QCA8K_SGMII_MODE_CTRL_PHY;
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  444  		} else {
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  445  			pr_err("Unrecognised SGMII mode %s\n", mode);
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  446  			return -EINVAL;
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  447  		}
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  448  	}
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  449  
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  450  	qca8k_write(priv, QCA8K_REG_SGMII_CTRL, val);
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  451  
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  452  	return 0;
27dd896d27e5048 Jonathan McDowell 2020-06-05  453  }

---
0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service, Intel Corporation
https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/[email-masked]