Subject: [PATCH rdma-next 0/2] Create IPoIB QP with specific QP number

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 14:01:03 +0300

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>

>From Michael,

This series handles IPoIB child interface creation with setting
interface's HW address.

In current implementation, lladdr requested by user is ignored and
overwritten. Child interface gets the same GID as the parent interface
and a QP number which is assigned by the underlying drivers.

In this series we fix this behavior so that user's requested address is
assigned to the newly created interface.

As specific QP number request is not supported for all vendors, QP
number requested by user will still be overwritten when this is not
supported.

Behavior of creation of child interfaces through the sysfs mechanism or
without specifying a requested address, stays the same.

Thanks

Michael Guralnik (2):
  net/mlx5: Enable QP number request when creating IPoIB underlay QP
  RDMA/ipoib: Handle user-supplied address when creating child

 drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_main.c             | 11 +++++++++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/ipoib/ipoib.c |  7 +++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/main.c        |  3 +++
 include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc.h                         |  9 +++++++--
 4 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

--
2.26.2