Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] net: phy: call phy_disable_interrupts() in phy_init_hw()

From: Jisheng Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 15:40:31 +0800

We face an issue with rtl8211f, a pin is shared between INTB and PMEB,
and the PHY Register Accessible Interrupt is enabled by default, so
the INTB/PMEB pin is always active in polling mode case.

As Heiner pointed out "I was thinking about calling
phy_disable_interrupts() in phy_init_hw(), to have a defined init
state as we don't know in which state the PHY is if the PHY driver is
loaded. We shouldn't assume that it's the chip power-on defaults, BIOS
or boot loader could have changed this. Or in case of dual-boot
systems the other OS could leave the PHY in whatever state."

patch1 exports phy_disable_interrupts() so that it could be used in
phy_init_hw() to have a defined init state.

patch2 calls phy_disable_interrupts() in phy_init_hw() to have a
defined init state.

Since v1:
  - EXPORT the correct symbol

Jisheng Zhang (2):
  net: phy: export phy_disable_interrupts()
  net: phy: call phy_disable_interrupts() in phy_init_hw()

 drivers/net/phy/phy.c        | 3 ++-
 drivers/net/phy/phy_device.c | 7 +++++--
 include/linux/phy.h          | 1 +
 3 files changed, 8 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.27.0