Subject: [PATCH v4 0/2] net: phy: call phy_disable_interrupts() in phy_init_hw()

From: Jisheng Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 15:57:57 +0800

We face an issue with rtl8211f, a pin is shared between INTB and PMEB,
and the PHY Register Accessible Interrupt is enabled by default, so
the INTB/PMEB pin is always active in polling mode case.

As Heiner pointed out "I was thinking about calling
phy_disable_interrupts() in phy_init_hw(), to have a defined init
state as we don't know in which state the PHY is if the PHY driver is
loaded. We shouldn't assume that it's the chip power-on defaults, BIOS
or boot loader could have changed this. Or in case of dual-boot
systems the other OS could leave the PHY in whatever state."

patch1 makes phy_disable_interrupts() non-static so that it could be used
in phy_init_hw() to have a defined init state.

patch2 calls phy_disable_interrupts() in phy_init_hw() to have a
defined init state.

Since v3:
  - call phy_disable_interrupts() have interrupts disabled first then
    config_init, thank Florian

Since v2:
  - Don't export phy_disable_interrupts() but just make it non-static

Since v1:
  - EXPORT the correct symbol

Jisheng Zhang (2):
  net: phy: make phy_disable_interrupts() non-static
  net: phy: call phy_disable_interrupts() in phy_init_hw()

 drivers/net/phy/phy.c        | 2 +-
 drivers/net/phy/phy_device.c | 4 ++++
 include/linux/phy.h          | 1 +
 3 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.27.0