Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/2] mlxsw: Add support for QSFP-DD transceiver type

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 17:06:22 +0200

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 05:53:42PM +0300, Ido Schimmel wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 05:47:22PM +0300, Ido Schimmel wrote:
> > From: Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > This patch set from Vadim adds support for Quad Small Form Factor
> > Pluggable Double Density (QSFP-DD) modules in mlxsw.
> 
> Adrian,
> 
> In November you sent a patch that adds QSFP-DD support in ethtool user
> space utility:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/netdev/patch/[email-masked]/
> 
> Back then Andrew rightfully noted that no driver in the upstream kernel
> supports QSFP-DD and the patch was deferred.

Hi Ido

It is a while ago, but i thought there was something odd about the
order of the pages, or the number of the pages? And there was no clear
indication from the kernel about QSPF page format vs QSPF-DD page
format?

So Adrian's patch is probably a good starting point, but i think it
needs further work.

      Andrew