Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 1/3] cxgb4: add mirror action to TC-MATCHALL offload

From: Rahul Lakkireddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 12:18:56 +0530

On Friday, June 06/26/20, 2020 at 21:18:44 -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 17:28:41 +0530 Rahul Lakkireddy wrote:
> > +	if (refcount_read(&pi->vi_mirror_refcnt) > 1) {
> > +		refcount_dec(&pi->vi_mirror_refcnt);
> > +		return;
> > +	}
> 
> FWIW this looks very dodgy. If you know nothing changes the count
> between the read and the dec here, you probably don't need atomic
> refcounts at all..

Currently, all the callers accessing this refcount and its related
data is having the RTNL lock held by the stack. Perhaps this is a
false sense of security, especially if the stack API may change in
the future.

I'll add a proper lock to protect this data in v2 to be on the safer
side.

Thanks,
Rahul