Subject: Re: [PATCH RESEND net-next v3 0/3] net: enetc: remove bootloader dependency

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 22:53:10 +0100

On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 11:34:30PM +0200, Michael Walle wrote:
> This is a resend of the series because the conversion to the phylink
> interface will likely take longer:
> https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/CA+h21hpBodyY8CtNH2ktRdc2FqPi=Fjp94=[email-masked]/

I don't think it will; I've given people notice of potential changes
back in February, and as Florian has pointed out, that's ample enough
time that it's now no problem if I push my series and it causes
breakage to drivers that haven't updated.  I've also gone way beyond
what would normally be done, fixing up almost every driver the best
I can with the exception of two - felix DSA and Mediatek.

Some of the patches have been reviewed already, Ioana at NXP is happy
with them.  There's a bit of tweaking of a couple of patches and
adding some documentation, and then they're good to go.

I'm not going to wait for Felix or Mediatek.  As I say, I've given
plenty of warning, and it's only a _suspicion_ of breakage on my
side.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!