Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/2] DP83822 Fiber enablement

From: Dan Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 09:37:31 -0500

Hello

The DP83822 Ethernet PHY has the ability to connect via a Fiber port.  The
derivative PHYs DP83825 and DP83826 do not have this ability. In fiber mode
the DP83822 disables auto negotiation and has a fixed 100Mbps speed with
support for full or half duplex modes.

A devicetree binding was added to set the signal polarity for the fiber
connection.  This property is only applicable if the FX_EN strap is set in
hardware other wise the signal loss detection is disabled on the PHY.

If the FX_EN is not strapped the device can be configured to run in fiber mode
via the device tree. All be it the PHY will not perfomr signal loss detection.

Dan

Dan Murphy (2):
  dt-bindings: net: dp83822: Add TI dp83822 phy
  net: phy: DP83822: Add ability to advertise Fiber connection

 .../devicetree/bindings/net/ti,dp83822.yaml   |  80 +++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/dp83822.c                     | 161 ++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 241 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/ti,dp83822.yaml

-- 
2.27.0