Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/4] Simplify usbnet_cdc_update_filter

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 08:06:28 +0200

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 04:43:11PM -0400, Wxcafé wrote:
> Hey,
> 
> I've encountered that same problem a few days ago, found this thread
> and these (unmerged) patches, "ported" them to a more current version
> of the kernel (wasn't much work, let's be honest), and I was wondering
> if it would be possible to get them merged, because this is still a
> problem with cdc_ncm.
> 
> Here's the three "up to date" patches (based on 5.8-rc5), they work
> insofar as I'm running with them, the bug isn't there anymore (I get
> ethernet multicast packets correctly), and there's no obvious bug. I'm
> not a dev though, so I have no idea if these are formatted correctly,
> if the patch separation is correct, or anything like that, I just think
> it would be great if this could be merged into mainline!

You need to submit them in a format they can be applied in, as well as
taking care of the issues that caused Oliver to not agree with them.

thanks,

greg k-h