Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: dsa: microchip: look for phy-mode in port nodes

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 00:27:16 +0200

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 02:08:28PM +0200, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/dsa/dsa.txt says that the phy-mode
> property should be specified on port nodes. However, the microchip
> drivers read it from the switch node.
> 
> Let the driver use the per-port property and fall back to the old
> location with a warning.
> 
> Fix in-tree users.

Hi Helmut

I think this change is more complex than it needs to be. Only the CPU
port supports different interface modes. So i don't see the need to
handle both dev->interface and p->interface. Just first search
ksz_switch_register() first look in the cpu port node, and if not
found go back to the old location. The rest of the code can stay the
same.

	Andrew