Subject: Re: [PATCH] net/9p: validate fds in p9_fd_open

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 20:19:49 +0200

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 03:47:56PM +0200, Dominique Martinet wrote:
> Christoph Hellwig wrote on Wed, Jul 15, 2020:
> > FYI, this is now generating daily syzbot reports, so I'd love to see
> > the fix going into Linus' tree ASAP..
> 
> Yes, I'm getting some syzbot warnings as well now.
> 
> I had however only planned to get this in linux-next, since that is what
> the syzbot mails were complaining about, but I see this got into -rc5...
> 
> 
> It's honestly just a warn on something that would fail anyway so I'd
> rather let it live in -next first, I don't get why syzbot is so verbose
> about this - it sent a mail when it found a c repro and one more once it
> bisected the commit yesterday but it should not be sending more?

Yes, I agree that this is just a warning on existing behavior.  But then
again these constant syzbot reports are pretty annoying..

> (likewise it should pick up the fix tag even if it only gets in -next,
> or would it keep being noisy unless this gets merged to mainline?)
> 
> 
> FWIW this is along with the 5 other patches I have queued for 5.9
> waiting for my tests as my infra is still down, I've stopped trying to
> make promises, but I could push at least just this one to -next if that
> really helps.
> Sorry for that, things should be smoother once I've taken the time to
> put things back in place.

No need to be sorry, just through it might be worth to ping you.

Thanks for all your help!