Subject: Re: [net-next PATCH v7 1/6] Documentation: ACPI: DSD: Document MDIO PHY

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 05:11:27 +0200

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 08:04:36PM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> 
> 
> On 7/15/2020 2:03 AM, Calvin Johnson wrote:
> > Introduce ACPI mechanism to get PHYs registered on a MDIO bus and
> > provide them to be connected to MAC.
> > 
> > An ACPI node property "mdio-handle" is introduced to reference the
> > MDIO bus on which PHYs are registered with autoprobing method used
> > by mdiobus_register().
> > 
> > Describe properties "phy-channel" and "phy-mode"
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Calvin Johnson <[email-masked]>
> 
> Reviewed-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>

I really would like to see an ACPI maintainer ACK this before it gets
merged. I'm not sure the current reviewers have deep enough knowledge
of ACPI to know if this is going against parts of the standard, or
philosophy of ACPI. And we are setting an ABI here, so we need to be
particularly careful.

	     Andrew