Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Netfilter OOB memory access security patch

From: Will McVicker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 17:57:19 +0000

Hi,
The attached patch fixes an OOB memory access security bug. The bug is
already fixed in the upstream kernel due to the vulnerable code being
refactored in commit fe2d0020994c ("netfilter: nat: remove
l4proto->in_range") and commit d6c4c8ffb5e5 ("netfilter: nat: remove
l3proto struct"), but the 4.19 and below LTS branches remain vulnerable.
I have verifed the OOB kernel panic is fixed with this patch on both the
4.19 and 4.14 kernels using the approariate hardware.

Please review the fix and apply to branches 4.19.y, 4.14.y, 4.9.y and
4.4.y.

Thanks,
Will

Will McVicker (1):
  netfilter: nat: add range checks for access to nf_nat_l[34]protos[]

 net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_nat_l3proto_ipv4.c |  6 ++++--
 net/ipv6/netfilter/nf_nat_l3proto_ipv6.c |  5 +++--
 net/netfilter/nf_nat_core.c              | 27 ++++++++++++++++++++++--
 net/netfilter/nf_nat_helper.c            |  4 ++++
 4 files changed, 36 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
2.28.0.rc0.142.g3c755180ce-goog