Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/6] net: dsa: microchip: delete dead code

From: Helmut Grohne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 09:57:36 +0200

Hi Florian,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 08:18:41AM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> net-next is currently closed at the moment, and these patches are clearly
> targeted at that tree:

I agree that these are clearly net-next material.

> http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html

It says "Come in we're open" for me. Maybe that changed over night and I
was just a day early? I'll check this for future submissions.

> Also, please provide a commit message, even if it is only paraphrasing what
> the subject does. The changes do look good, so once you fix that, we should
> be good.

I'm all for writing good commit messages and if you look into the few
commits I've authored thus far, you see that I usually do explain them
in detail. In these cases however, I'm left wondering what value any
further explanation would add. Repeating the subject does not make sense
to me.

I feel that we're overdoing it here and that there are more important
aspects to be improved about the driver. I'll be focusing on those.

Helmut