Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/6] Convert mvpp2 to split PCS support

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 14:47:46 +0100

Hi,

This series converts the mvpp2 driver to use the split PCS support
that has been merged into phylink last time around. I've been running
this for some time here and, apart from the recent bug fix sent to
net-next, have not seen any issues on DT based systems. I have not
tested ACPI setups, although I've tried to preserve the workaround.

Patch 1 formalises the ACPI workaround.
Patch 2 moves some of mac_config() to the mac_prepare() and
  mac_finish() callbacks so we can keep the ordering when we split
  the PCS bits out.
Patch 3 ensures that the port is forced down while changing the
  interface mode - when in in-band mode, doing this in mac_prepare()
  and mac_finish().
Patch 4 moves the reset handling to mac_prepare() and mac_finish()
Patch 5 does a straight conversion to use PCS operations.
Patch 6 splits the PCS operations into a GMAC PCS operations and
  XLG PCS operations, selecting the appropriate set during
  mac_prepare().  This eliminates a bunch of conditionals from the
  code.

 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvpp2/mvpp2.h      |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvpp2/mvpp2_main.c | 466 ++++++++++++++----------
 2 files changed, 284 insertions(+), 183 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!