Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] netpoll: make sure napi_list is safe for RCU traversal

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 10:37:50 -0700

Hi!

This series is a follow-up to the fix in commit 96e97bc07e90 ("net: 
disable netpoll on fresh napis"). To avoid any latent race conditions
convert dev->napi_list to a proper RCU list. We need minor restructuring
because it looks like netif_napi_del() used to be idempotent, and
it may be quite hard to track down everyone who depends on that.

Jakub Kicinski (3):
  net: remove napi_hash_del() from driver-facing API
  net: manage napi add/del idempotence explicitly
  net: make sure napi_list is safe for RCU traversal

 .../net/ethernet/broadcom/bnx2x/bnx2x_cmn.h   |  8 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.c     |  5 ++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/cisco/enic/enic_main.c   | 12 ++++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_lib.c  |  4 +--
 .../net/ethernet/myricom/myri10ge/myri10ge.c  |  5 ++-
 drivers/net/veth.c                            |  3 +-
 drivers/net/virtio_net.c                      |  7 ++--
 include/linux/netdevice.h                     | 36 +++++++++----------
 net/core/dev.c                                | 32 ++++++++---------
 net/core/netpoll.c                            |  2 +-
 10 files changed, 55 insertions(+), 59 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2