Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/7] ethtool: add pause frame stats

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 12:52:50 -0700

Hi!

This is the first (small) series which exposes some stats via
the corresponding ethtool interface. Here (thanks to the
excitability of netlink) we expose pause frame stats via
the same interfaces as ethtool -a / -A.

In particular the following stats from the standard:
 - 30.3.4.2 aPAUSEMACCtrlFramesTransmitted
 - 30.3.4.3 aPAUSEMACCtrlFramesReceived

4 real drivers are converted, hopefully the semantics match
the standard.

Jakub Kicinski (8):
  ethtool: add standard pause stats
  docs: net: include the new ethtool pause stats in the stats doc
  netdevsim: add pause frame stats
  selftests: add a test for ethtool pause stats
  bnxt: add pause frame stats
  mlx5: add pause frame stats
  ixgbe: add pause frame stats
  mlx4: add pause frame stats

 Documentation/networking/ethtool-netlink.rst  |  11 ++
 Documentation/networking/statistics.rst       |  57 ++++++++-
 .../net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_ethtool.c |  19 +++
 .../net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_ethtool.c  |  11 ++
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/en_ethtool.c   |  19 +++
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mlx4_stats.h   |  12 ++
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en.h  |   2 +
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_ethtool.c  |  15 +++
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_rep.c  |   9 ++
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_stats.c    |  30 +++++
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_stats.h    |   3 +
 drivers/net/netdevsim/Makefile                |   2 +-
 drivers/net/netdevsim/ethtool.c               |  64 +++++++++++
 drivers/net/netdevsim/netdev.c                |   1 +
 drivers/net/netdevsim/netdevsim.h             |  11 ++
 include/linux/ethtool.h                       |  26 +++++
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool_netlink.h          |  18 ++-
 net/ethtool/pause.c                           |  57 ++++++++-
 .../drivers/net/netdevsim/ethtool-pause.sh    | 108 ++++++++++++++++++
 19 files changed, 467 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/netdevsim/ethtool.c
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/netdevsim/ethtool-pause.sh

-- 
2.26.2