Subject: Re: Re: Altera TSE driver not working in 100mbps mode

From: Petko Manolov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 09:42:39 +0300

On 20-09-16 22:32:03, David Bilsby wrote:
> Hi
> 
> Would you consider making the PhyLink modifications to the Altera TSE driver 
> public as this would be very useful for a board we have which uses an SFP PHY 
> connected to the TSE core via I2C. Currently we are using a fibre SFP and 
> fixing the speed to 1G but would really like to be able to use a copper SFP 
> which needs to do negotiation.

Well, definitely yes.

The driver isn't 100% finished, but it mostly works.  One significant downside 
is the kernel version i had to port it to: 4.19.  IIRC there is API change so my 
current patches can't be applied to 5.x kernels.  Also, i could not finish the 
upstreaming as the customer device i worked on had to be returned.

However, given access to Altera TSE capable device (which i don't have atm), 
running a recent kernel, i'll gladly finish the upstreaming.

cheers,
Petko