Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/6] ethtool: allow dumping policies to user space

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 08:57:47 -0700

Hi!

This series wires up ethtool policies to ops, so they can be
dumped to user space for feature discovery.

First two patches wire up GET, third patch wires up SET.

Next - take care of linking up nested policies for the header
(which is what we actually care about right now). And once header
policy is linked make sure that attribute range validation is
done by policy, not code conditions for flags. New type of
policy is needed to validate masks (patch 5).

Netlink as always staying a step ahead of all the other kernel
API interfaces :)

Jakub Kicinski (6):
  ethtool: wire up get policies to ops
  ethtool: use the attributes parsed by the core in get commands
  ethtool: wire up set policies to ops
  ethtool: link up ethnl_header_policy as a nested policy
  netlink: add mask validation
  ethtool: specify which header flags are supported per command

 include/net/netlink.h        |  11 ++++
 include/uapi/linux/netlink.h |   2 +
 lib/nlattr.c                 |  36 ++++++++++
 net/ethtool/cabletest.c      |  30 +++------
 net/ethtool/channels.c       |  22 +++----
 net/ethtool/coalesce.c       |  22 +++----
 net/ethtool/debug.c          |  20 ++----
 net/ethtool/eee.c            |  21 +++---
 net/ethtool/features.c       |  22 +++----
 net/ethtool/linkinfo.c       |  22 +++----
 net/ethtool/linkmodes.c      |  22 +++----
 net/ethtool/linkstate.c      |   8 +--
 net/ethtool/netlink.c        | 123 +++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 net/ethtool/netlink.h        |  33 +++++++++-
 net/ethtool/pause.c          |  19 ++----
 net/ethtool/privflags.c      |  22 +++----
 net/ethtool/rings.c          |  20 ++----
 net/ethtool/strset.c         |   6 +-
 net/ethtool/tsinfo.c         |   7 +-
 net/ethtool/tunnels.c        |  42 +++++-------
 net/ethtool/wol.c            |  19 ++----
 net/netlink/policy.c         |   8 +++
 22 files changed, 303 insertions(+), 234 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2