Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/4] dt-bindings: usb: convert usb-device.txt to YAML schema

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:34:07 -0500

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 16:43:11 +0800, Chunfeng Yun wrote:
> Convert usb-device.txt to YAML schema usb-device.yaml
> 
> Signed-off-by: Chunfeng Yun <[email-masked]>
> ---
> v2: new patch suggested by Rob
> ---
>  .../devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.txt    | 102 --------------
>  .../devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml   | 129 ++++++++++++++++++
>  2 files changed, 129 insertions(+), 102 deletions(-)
>  delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.txt
>  create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
> 

My bot found errors running 'make dt_binding_check' on your patch:

/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/media/amlogic,meson-gx-ao-cec.example.dt.yaml: cec@100: compatible:0: 'amlogic,meson-gx-ao-cec' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/media/amlogic,meson-gx-ao-cec.example.dt.yaml: cec@100: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/media/st,stm32-cec.example.dt.yaml: cec@40006c00: compatible:0: 'st,stm32-cec' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/media/st,stm32-cec.example.dt.yaml: cec@40006c00: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/google,cros-ec-regulator.example.dt.yaml: ec@0: compatible:0: 'google,cros-ec-spi' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/google,cros-ec-regulator.example.dt.yaml: ec@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/qcom,usb-vbus-regulator.example.dt.yaml: dcdc@1100: compatible:0: 'qcom,pm8150b-vbus-reg' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/qcom,usb-vbus-regulator.example.dt.yaml: dcdc@1100: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/chrome/google,cros-ec-typec.example.dt.yaml: ec@0: compatible:0: 'google,cros-ec-spi' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/chrome/google,cros-ec-typec.example.dt.yaml: ec@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/dac/lltc,ltc1660.example.dt.yaml: dac@0: compatible:0: 'lltc,ltc1660' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/dac/lltc,ltc1660.example.dt.yaml: dac@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/dac/st,stm32-dac.example.dt.yaml: dac@40017000: compatible:0: 'st,stm32h7-dac-core' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/dac/st,stm32-dac.example.dt.yaml: dac@40017000: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/dac/st,stm32-dac.example.dt.yaml: dac@1: compatible:0: 'st,stm32-dac' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/dac/st,stm32-dac.example.dt.yaml: dac@1: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/dac/st,stm32-dac.example.dt.yaml: dac@2: compatible:0: 'st,stm32-dac' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/dac/st,stm32-dac.example.dt.yaml: dac@2: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/microchip,mcp3911.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'microchip,mcp3911' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/microchip,mcp3911.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/ingenic,adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@10070000: compatible:0: 'ingenic,jz4740-adc' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/ingenic,adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@10070000: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7192.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'adi,ad7192' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7192.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/samsung,exynos-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@12d10000: compatible:0: 'samsung,exynos-adc-v1' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/samsung,exynos-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@12d10000: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/samsung,exynos-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@126c0000: compatible:0: 'samsung,exynos3250-adc' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/samsung,exynos-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@126c0000: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7923.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'adi,ad7928' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7923.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/maxim,max1241.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'maxim,max1241' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/maxim,max1241.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad9467.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'adi,ad9467' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad9467.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/st,stm32-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@40012000: compatible:0: 'st,stm32f4-adc-core' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/st,stm32-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@40012000: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/st,stm32-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'st,stm32f4-adc' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/st,stm32-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/st,stm32-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@48003000: compatible:0: 'st,stm32mp1-adc-core' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/st,stm32-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@48003000: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/st,stm32-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'st,stm32mp1-adc' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/st,stm32-adc.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7292.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'adi,ad7292' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7292.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7606.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'adi,ad7606-8' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7606.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7780.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'adi,ad7780' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7780.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/maxim,max1238.example.dt.yaml: adc@36: compatible:0: 'maxim,max1238' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/maxim,max1238.example.dt.yaml: adc@36: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/maxim,max1363.example.dt.yaml: adc@36: compatible:0: 'maxim,max1363' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/maxim,max1363.example.dt.yaml: adc@36: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/ti,ads8688.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'ti,ads8688' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/ti,ads8688.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/lltc,ltc2496.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'lltc,ltc2496' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/lltc,ltc2496.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7091r5.example.dt.yaml: adc@2f: compatible:0: 'adi,ad7091r5' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7091r5.example.dt.yaml: adc@2f: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7124.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: compatible:0: 'adi,ad7124-4' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/adi,ad7124.example.dt.yaml: adc@0: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/qcom,spmi-vadc.example.dt.yaml: adc@3100: compatible:0: 'qcom,spmi-vadc' does not match '^usb[0-9a-f]+,[0-9a-f]+$'
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/qcom,spmi-vadc.example.dt.yaml: adc@3100: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml
/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/temperature/adi,ltc2983.example.dt.yaml: adc@10: 'compatile' is a required property
	From schema: /builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-device.yaml

See https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1379982

If you already ran 'make dt_binding_check' and didn't see the above
error(s), then make sure dt-schema is up to date:

pip3 install git+https://github.com/devicetree-org/dt-schema.git@master --upgrade

Please check and re-submit.