Subject: Re: [PATCH] rtnetlink: fix data overflow in rtnl_calcit()

From: Jesse Brandeburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 17:44:31 -0700

Vladimir Oltean wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 02:36:25PM -0700, Jesse Brandeburg wrote:
> > > Signed-off-by: zhudi <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > Kernel documentation says for you to use your real name, please do so,
> > unless you're a rock star and have officially changed your name to
> > zhudi.

I apologize for seeming off-putting, my goal was to add a little levity
here, but I know that email does a bad job of transmitting my intent,
and I will do better.

> 
> Well, his real name is probably 朱棣, and the pinyin transliteration
> system doesn't really insist on separating 朱 (zhu) from 棣 (di), or on
> capitalizing any of twose words, so I'm not sure what your point is.
> Would you prefer his sign-off to read 朱棣 <[email-masked]>?

Ah, thanks Vladimir for explaining the difference. If this is common
parlance for commit messages from our Chinese developers, please forgive
me, I'm trying to balance obvious correctness against typical usage.

I'll adjust my expectations for single word names, thanks!

Jesse