Subject: [PATCH/RFC net] net: dec: tulip: de2104x: Add shutdown handler to stop NIC

From: Moritz Fischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 15:06:36 -0700

The driver does not implement a shutdown handler which leads to issues
when using kexec in certain scenarios. The NIC keeps on fetching
descriptors which gets flagged by the IOMMU with errors like this:

DMAR: DMAR:[DMA read] Request device [5e:00.0]fault addr fffff000
DMAR: DMAR:[DMA read] Request device [5e:00.0]fault addr fffff000
DMAR: DMAR:[DMA read] Request device [5e:00.0]fault addr fffff000
DMAR: DMAR:[DMA read] Request device [5e:00.0]fault addr fffff000
DMAR: DMAR:[DMA read] Request device [5e:00.0]fault addr fffff000

Signed-off-by: Moritz Fischer <[email-masked]>
---

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the proper way for a shutdown handler,
I've tried to look at a bunch of examples and couldn't find a specific
solution, in my tests on hardware this works, though.

Open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Moritz

---
 drivers/net/ethernet/dec/tulip/de2104x.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/dec/tulip/de2104x.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/dec/tulip/de2104x.c
index f1a2da15dd0a..372c62c7e60f 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/dec/tulip/de2104x.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/dec/tulip/de2104x.c
@@ -2185,6 +2185,7 @@ static struct pci_driver de_driver = {
 	.id_table	= de_pci_tbl,
 	.probe		= de_init_one,
 	.remove		= de_remove_one,
+	.shutdown	= de_remove_one,
 #ifdef CONFIG_PM
 	.suspend	= de_suspend,
 	.resume		= de_resume,
-- 
2.28.0